WTEC is a non-profit educational institution that is focused technician training in middle skill career areas with a current program focus on the indoor environmental building conditions. The focus of this educational nonprofit is to provide “Middle Skill”, “Technical Skill”, “Competency” employment specific learning in classroom and on the job learning. The combination of classroom and work experience of learn and earn of directed learning in technician fields that address areas of employment where there is a shortage and need for skilled workers.
Mission: WorkForce Technician Education Center: Providing engaged classroom and worksite Pre-apprenticeship/Apprenticeship training in technical careers.
Vision: WorkForce Technician Education Center: Developing a quality and competent technical WorkForce
WTEC works in collaborative partnerships with industries, associations, workforce development, and community organizations to provide no cost through private corporate support, industry associations, foundation, and government funding. WTEC learn and earn technician training for individuals with no experience in a career pathway of pre- apprenticeship into direct career related employment and employment apprenticeship.
WTEC offers learning opportunities for individuals to fill the current needs and gaps in current for journey level skill development -Value proposition
- Replacement of individuals who are retiring in middle skill technical fields.
- Helping never employed, unemployed, underemployed, veterans, re-entry, and individuals with disabilities into employment in career families of middle skill jobs with career advancement with starting pay above livable wage.
- Recruitment of young talent 16-18, 19-30 never employed, or unemployed.
- Veteran training utilizing their existing related and or unrelated military experience that transfers into middle skill areas of current employment shortages.
- Provide job shadow, paid internships, and paid apprenticeships for students.
- Provide a job readiness boot camp for job retention, interpersonal, and intrapersonal development for collaborative team working environments.
- Formalized extensive classroom training and on the job learning for technical skilled careers and provide stackable and national micro-certifications in safety and related technical careers during the pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship programs.